“Christians are made, not born” -Tertullian, d. 240
Formation in Faith is a ten month initiative to grow in Christ by knowing, committing to, and participating in the Story of God. In our households, we commit to reading and reflecting together on one Bible passage each week read within the context of household prayer, engage in different practices of Christian life together as the ten months progress, and explore the promises made at Baptism.
Outline of Formation in Faith
- Refer to this page for materials on Formation in Faith. These materials will include: a narrative based lectionary, a simple liturgy for use in households, possible discussion questions (posted monthly), and an introduction to the narrative liturgy. Please review the materials.
- Beginning the week of September 10, set aside a time once a week to read the Bible passaged assigned within the context of the brief liturgy, and then discuss the passage as a household. Discussion leaders can adapt the discussion questions as appropriate, and also can give context to the passage.
- Participate in Formation in Faith events that will occur throughout the year. They will range from watching a movie together, going on a nature hike, and feeding the hungry. Such events will give opportunities to reflect on the story.
- Learn spiritual practices that will be introduced as our year goes on.
- During Lent households will explore Baptismal promises as the means of committing to the Story of God.
- On April 15 participating households will be presented to the Bishop for a special blessing.
We look forward to this journey together. And please do not hesitate to ask us questions as we go along!
[Please wait…documents may take a few moments to load.]